Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good News of September

I have rediscovered adding chocolate powder to my morning coffee. That hint of chocolate-y goodness brings a smile to my face whenever I take a sip. :)

For the past few days I've been thinking heavily about all the bad news I've heard this month. (It's quite strange: all the serious bad news occurred during this month). This morning, there was no usual ritual of trying to convince myself it's a good idea to get out of my warm bed. I woke up crying. I don't remember what I was dreaming about. Just the overwhelming emotion of sadness.

I went to look for my quote of the day, and this is the first thing that popped up:

"Drag your thoughts away from your troubles.. by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it." - Mark Twain

Tears of gratefulness actually started welling up in my eyes. It was exactly what I needed to hear. For whatever reason, an angel is looking out for me. So I'm going to focus on the good of this month. Because really, this month isn't all that bad. It just seems that way because I keep thinking of the negative.

Good news of September:

1) after long months of search and rejection, my friend found a job
2) another friend was able to vacation in London
3) my cousin is pregnant
4) got to see family from New Zealand - apparently it's been 30+ years since our family's seen them
5) my second cousin got married to his long-time girlfriend



In other news, I just joined a writing forum called Absolute Write. A little intimidated, but it looks like a fun place and the people seem really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment