Monday, September 20, 2010

Winds of change

It's a cloudy, blustery, windy day. And I love it. I sleep with my window open during the warm weather, and this morning I woke up to the most refreshing breezes.

On days like this, the impossible seem possible. It's very Mary Poppins-esque. The wind could blow anything and/or anyone into my life at any second. So it's without any surprise that my quote of the day is:

"Let him that would move the world first move himself." ~Socrates

Why wait on others to change? You have no control over them. You only have control over yourself. The best way for change to come about is to change yourself. It doesn't have to be drastic. It doesn't have to be noticeable to anyone but yourself. For me, I decided this morning to focus on the positive in my life. To be grateful for what I have in my life instead of lamenting over what I've lost.

So now I'm sitting at my kitchen table with a hot cup of tea, and I feel content. I've still got a lot on my mind, still a bunch of anxieties and worries. But for the moment, they've been pushed into a little box at the back of my mind - to be dealt with at a later hour.

Moments like this don't need interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment